Korzystając ze strony wyrażasz zgodę na używanie cookie, zgodnie z aktualnymi ustawieniami przeglądarki. OK

Nikodem SZLĄZAK, Dariusz OBRACAJ, Marek KORZEC
Influence of applying additional forcing fans for the air distribution in ventilation network
DOI 10.12914/MSPE-04-03-2016
Abstract: Mining progress in underground mines cause the ongoing movement of working areas. Consequently, it becomes necessary to adapt the ventilation network of a mine to direct airflow into newly opened districts. For economic reasons, opening new fields is often achieved via underground workings. Length of primary intake and return routes increases and also increases the total resistance of a complex ventilation network. The development of a subsurface structure can make it necessary to change the air distribution in a ventilation network. Increasing airflow into newly-opened districts is necessary. In mines where extraction does not entail gas-related hazards, there is possibility of implementing a push-pull ventilation system in order to supplement airflows to newly developed mining fields. This is achieved by installing subsurface fan stations with forcing fans at the bottom of downcast shaft. In push-pull systems with multiple main fans, it is vital to select forcing fans with characteristic curves matching those of the existing exhaust fans to prevent undesirable mutual interaction. In complex ventilation networks it is necessary to calculate distribution of airflow (especially in networks with a large number of installed fans). In the article the influence of applying additional forcing fans for the air distribution in ventilation network for underground mine were considered. There are also analysed the extent of overpressure caused by the additional forcing fan in branches of the ventilation network (the operating range of additional forcing fan). Possibilities of increasing airflow rate in working areas were conducted.
Keywords: underground mine ventilation, ventilation network, air distribution in ventilation network, intake air flow, main fans, additional forcing fans
Read article »

© www.stegroup.pl